Sat, Mar 19|
Amplify Your Voice Advocacy Training Virtual Bootcamp
Online Training Bootcamp is a 6-week course with weekly guest expert speakers from local and statewide organizations and elected officials.
Time & Location
Mar 19, 11:00 AM EDT – Apr 23, 1:00 PM EDT
About the Event
What you will learn:
- The various ways to affect change in the community like organizing, activism, advocacy;
- How public policy is made/the process
- How to use media for advocacy
- The importance of telling your story and how to do it effectively
- Effective communication
- Understanding state and federal budgets and so much more.
Each participant that successfully completes the training will receive a $250 stipend and a tablet to participate virtually (if needed).
Each session will focus on a specific topic and there will be homework assignments to help you practice what you are learning.